- Community Outreach/Witnessing - 12 June 2021 at 10:30 am
- Juvenile Hall Ministry - 18 Apr 2021 at 7:00 pm (SUSPENDED until further notice/COVID-I9 Crisis)
- Bridge House Feeding Ministry - 4 April 2020 at 6:30 pm (SUSPENDED until further notice/COVID-I9 Crisis)
Theme for the Year
"Focus on the Crucified One in 2021" Revelation 1:4-6
Sunday's Sermon (2 May 21)
"Message to the Church of Laodicean" (Part 2) Revelation 3:14-22 (Pastor Calvin M.Tucker)
(2-8 May 2021)
"Now therefore, fear the LORD, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the LORD! And if it seems evil to you serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24:14-15; New King James Version (NKJV)
Sunday School (2 May 21)
"More than Conquerors" Romans 8:28-39 (Teacher: Sister Debra L. Tucker)
NEW LIFE'S 2020 in REVIEW:
- Baptism: 0
- BridgeHouse Feedings: Two (Approximately 120 served Feb & Mar). Feedings scheduled 4 April - 5 Dec cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Witnessing/Outreach: Shared the Gospel with 43 people (months) cancelled Mar-Jul due to COVID-19 pandemic. Returned to the battlefield in August.
- Juvenile Hall Ministry: Shared the Gospel with 20 youth and 4 confessed Jesus Christ as Savior/5 months. In-House ministry cancelled in Mar due to COVID-19 pandemic. However, in April JH allowed offered prayer ministry via telephone, able only to pray with 6 youth via telephone, not conducive for youth. JH then started offering ZOOM meetings in June. However, were not able to get the staff to be consistent and/or informed youth were not interested in attending the ZOOM meetings.
- Pregnancy & Parenting Support Center: Contributed $147.81 during Baby Bottle Drive fund raising event.
- Visitors: 13 visitors: (Mar; May-Dec)
- Funeral Services Rendered: One (1 Nov)
- 5 January - Pastor Calvin introduced 2020 Theme; "Focus on the Crucified One in 2021" (Encouraged members to consecrate themselves by concentrating on spending more time praying, reading, studying and meditating on God's Word)
- 21 January - Pastor Calvin preached at New Hope Missionary Baptist Church's Camp Meeting 2020; "A Thriving Church Building on the Foundation of Christ 1Corinthians 3:9-11
- 25 January - Pastor Calvin implemented Prayer Partners for members and brought back Congregational Prayer on Wednesday Night. Seeking God's divine wisdom and insight into dwindling commitments to membership/worship services
- 22 March - Last day for In-House Service due to deadly Corona Virus (COVID-19) pandemic from Wuhan, China that hit the world. Sermon delivered by visiting preacher Pastor Robert Mullen
- 29 March - 10 May - Started conducting Bible Study and Worship Services via ZOOM due to COVID-19. The ZOOM format actually allowed a broader outreach; we were able to worship with a few people from New Jersey and Northern California. However, cyberspace worship was not ideal or a suitable substitute for in-person/house worship. Additionally, awkward for preaching to a screen, one particular Sunday Lompoc lost power and we couldn't conduct worship via ZOOM.
- 17 May - Returned to in-house Bible Study and Worship Service since 10 attendees or less were allowed to gather for Worship with the proper protocols i.e.; temperature testing, hand sanitizer available, 6 feet social distancing, masks and protective gloves.
- 2 November - New Life building treated for termite infestation
- 27 November - Pastor Calvin administered endarterectomy surgery on his left carotid artery