- Community Outreach/Witnessing - 7 August 2021 at 10:30 am
- Bridge House Feeding Ministry - 7 August 2021 at 6:30 pm (SUSPENDED; 4 April until further notice/COVID-I9 Crisis)
- Juvenile Hall Ministry - 18 Apr 2021 at 7:00 pm (SUSPENDED 18 April until further notice/COVID-I9 Crisis)
Theme for the Year
"Focus on the Crucified One in 2021" Revelation 1:4-6
Sunday's Sermon (25 July 21)
"How Long, O Lord?" Revelation 6:9-11 (Pastor Calvin M.Tucker)
(25 - 31 July 2021)
"But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."
2Peter 3:8-9; New King James Version (NKJV)
Sunday School (25 July 21)
"Esther Goes Before the King" Esther 4:6-5:2 (Teacher: Sister Sonia Heath)
NEW LIFE'S 2020 in REVIEW:
- Baptism: 0
- BridgeHouse Feedings: Two (Approximately 120 served Feb & Mar). Feedings scheduled 4 April - 5 Dec cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Witnessing/Outreach: Shared the Gospel with 43 people (months) cancelled Mar-Jul due to COVID-19 pandemic. Returned to the battlefield in August.
- Juvenile Hall Ministry: Shared the Gospel with 20 youth and 4 confessed Jesus Christ as Savior/5 months. In-House ministry cancelled in Mar due to COVID-19 pandemic. However, in April JH allowed offered prayer ministry via telephone, able only to pray with 6 youth via telephone, not conducive for youth. JH then started offering ZOOM meetings in June. However, were not able to get the staff to be consistent and/or informed youth were not interested in attending the ZOOM meetings.
- Pregnancy & Parenting Support Center: Contributed $147.81 during Baby Bottle Drive fund raising event.
- Visitors: 13 visitors: (Mar; May-Dec)
- Funeral Services Rendered: One (1 Nov)
- 5 January - Pastor Calvin introduced 2020 Theme; "Focus on the Crucified One in 2021" (Encouraged members to consecrate themselves by concentrating on spending more time praying, reading, studying and meditating on God's Word)
- 21 January - Pastor Calvin preached at New Hope Missionary Baptist Church's Camp Meeting 2020; "A Thriving Church Building on the Foundation of Christ 1Corinthians 3:9-11
- 25 January - Pastor Calvin implemented Prayer Partners for members and brought back Congregational Prayer on Wednesday Night. Seeking God's divine wisdom and insight into dwindling commitments to membership/worship services
- 22 March - Last day for In-House Service due to deadly Corona Virus (COVID-19) pandemic from Wuhan, China that hit the world. Sermon delivered by visiting preacher Pastor Robert Mullen
- 29 March - 10 May - Started conducting Bible Study and Worship Services via ZOOM due to COVID-19. The ZOOM format actually allowed a broader outreach; we were able to worship with a few people from New Jersey and Northern California. However, cyberspace worship was not ideal or a suitable substitute for in-person/house worship. Additionally, awkward for preaching to a screen, one particular Sunday Lompoc lost power and we couldn't conduct worship via ZOOM.
- 17 May - Returned to in-house Bible Study and Worship Service since 10 attendees or less were allowed to gather for Worship with the proper protocols i.e.; temperature testing, hand sanitizer available, 6 feet social distancing, masks and protective gloves.
- 2 November - New Life building treated for termite infestation
- 27 November - Pastor Calvin administered endarterectomy surgery on his left carotid artery